So, a few of the HXCChristian.com staff will be going to Stand Together Fest next Friday and Saturday (the 13th and 14th of April) and we are super psyched to see some of the bands that will be playing. We know a lot of the bands on the bill and really look forward to hanging, having fellowship, and enjoying some good music. The good folks at Blood & Ink Records are the ones that are putting this event on and asked if we could help promote it in the final push to get as many people to the show as possible. It sounds like there is a good crowd coming out and there are still some tickets available. Tickets are only $45 for a bunch of great bands, so, if you are within 2 hours, you have no excuse not to come and hang out. You can find out more info on the Stand Together Fest website and buy tickets there. As for Cornerstone, I (Josh) will not be going this year, however, we have a few folks that will be going, but I do not think we will be running a full tent this year. More info to come on that in the coming month. Here are some of the people we want to give shout outs to and look forward to finally meeting and hanging out with:
- Sean and Daniel from Blood & Ink Records (we love you guys)
- Kevin from Beacons (we both live in NC and have to go to TN to hang out?)
- Jesus Steph
- The With Increase posse (and Doug, if he is coming….)
- Our homies in Venia
- Matt B from Carrying the Fire (coming out of mosh retirement?)
- XLooking ForwardX – let’s talk about Cormac McCarthy books please!
- Debater (aka Debtor) – bring me a cheese steak please…..
- Cool Cough – John & Harbor – can’t wait to hang again buddies!
- Strengthen What Remains – Joshua and crew – Miss you guys!
- Fravel – nuff said
- John Jackson – keep me from getting into trouble (he helps out at HXCChristian.com)
- FF56 – hope we can hang and finally get some kind of interview
- This Moment in Hardcore Crew (Matt and Nick)
- Clint (from Jawbone) and his wife Heather (YES I WILL FILM THE JAWBONE SET THIS TIME PROMISE)
- Friends – I loved you guys at Cornerstone last year, can’t wait to see you guys play again (and I need to pick up your album)
- Grumpy Old Man – Will he show up? Will he provide a PSA on stage during the fest? We’ll see….
I am sure that I forgot some people, and if I did, sorry, catch you at the show. John and myself (Josh) are staying at the Marriott downtown. I am flying in and get to the airport early on Friday morning, I will be around to hang out and do interviews if any bands are interested in doing a fun video interview or goofing off. (you bring the goof, I’ll bring the camera). Hit me up on facebook (if you are friends with me already), or email me at josh @ HXCChristian.com if you want to hang or setup a video interview and I can give you my cell number so you can text/call me. We would love to meet you if we don’t know you already (or even if we do).
See you there!